Configure Timer for Custom Watering
You’re here because during the initial timer and zone setup you chose to use Custom Watering.
Custom watering allows you to choose the Zones, Durations and Run-times you want to water your yard with.
Only Custom Programs in Program Slots can run. You may create as many Custom Programs as you want and move them in and out of Program Slots as desired. If you no longer want to run a Custom Program simply turn it Off, if you don’t need the Custom Program anymore you can Edit then Delete the program.
To setup Custom Watering
- After all Zones have been tested and setup choose Custom.
- A screen with instructions on setting up Custom Programs will appear.
Press “OK” to continue to the Programs screen.
- You’ll now see the Programs screen with three empty Program slots (A, B, & C)
Press “A Tap to set” to create a Custom Program in the Program A slot.
- You will now see the Custom Program screen.
- First you will name the program.
Enter the desired name and the press “Done”.
- Now you will set a start time, press the “Add another Start Time” button and select the start time.
Hint: The hours and minutes can be selected then set by selecting a time on the clock.
Press “OK” to continue and return to the Custom Program screen.
Additional Start Times can be set following the same steps if desired.
- Now you will add the watering Zone(s) you want to be a part of this Custom Program. Press the + button under Zones to select which one(s) to water.
Select the Zone, a duration popup will appear.
- Set the run duration for the Zone.
Set the duration then press the green + button.
The Zone now shows in the list with the run duration you just set.
Repeat this process to add as many Zones as you want.
Press the back arrow button in the upper left corner to return to the Custom Program screen.
Now you will see the list of selected Zones and their run durations listed in the Custom program.
- Selecting the days of the week to run the Custom Program is next.
Toggle the Weekdays switch to On and then select the days of the week that you want to water on.
The timer will also run on Even or Odd calendar days only.
Toggle the Even switch to On to run on even calendar days.
Toggle the Odd switch to On to run on odd calendar days.
Watering intervals can also be used.
Toggle the Interval switch to On then set the desired interval using the (- & +) buttons.
Press the “Save” button in the upper portion of the Custom Program Screen to save an continue.
- Now you have a Custom Program in the Program A slot set to run.
You can also create as many Custom Programs as you want without first assigning them to a Program Slot .
- Press the blue (+) button to the right of “Saved Programs”, this will open the Custom Program setup screen, you will follow the same basic steps as above to create the new unassigned Custom Program.
Now you see two Saved Programs but only one program is assigned to run.
- To assign a saved but unassigned program to a Program Slot press on the desired Program Slot, you will see a prompt to Create or Pick a Custom Program.
Press “Pick” to pick one of the previously saved Custom Programs.
Select the Custom Program you want to run in the selected Program Slot, Flowers in this case.
Now you see that the Custom Program Flowers is set to run in the Program B slot.
That’s it! You have configured a Custom Program and assigned it to a Program Slot to be run at the scheduled day & time.