Configure Timer for Smart Watering
You’re here because during the initial timer and zone setup you chose to use Smart Watering
Smart Watering is based on multiple factors including your soil type, vegetation, slope, sun exposure and so on. The more detailed you are in providing this information the more accurate your Smart Watering programs will be.
To setup Smart Watering
- After all Zones have been tested and setup choose Smart.
- Select the Zone you want to setup for Smart Watering.
- Answer all of the Smart Watering questions you are able to answer. Technically you can leave them all unanswered and it will still get watered but the more detail you provide the more accurate the watering programs will be at watering your yard.
Enter as much information as you can then press the back arrow in the upper left of the window to return to the Zones screen.
- Chose an additional Zones you want to setup for Smart Watering, once they are setup press the green next button.
- If you have any current watering restrictions you can input them on the next screen.
- Watering restrictions can be set now or later, to enter them now press the toggle switch in the upper right corner to show the options.
*Note: watering restrictions only apply to Smart Watering programs, Custom Watering programs will water when they are scheduled regardless of watering restrictions.
Days in Green will water only during non-restricted hours, days in Red will not water at all.
Once the watering restrictions are set press the green next button.
- Setup is complete when you see the home screen and Smart Watering is displayed.
Congratulations! You are now set to water based on your yard’s watering needs and when properly set, you will be helping to save water.