Pairing Hub to internet with Android device
*When Pairing, you will first pair your hub, and then you will pair your timer. It may look like you are going through pairing again, this is intended*
- Make sure your device is in pairing mode (the light will be blinking blue). To put it in pairing mode, press the Bhyve Button 5 times.
- If you don’t have a B-hyve account already, then download the free Android app and create an account. If you are already a B-hyve user name then login to your existing B-hyve account.
- Plug your Wi-Fi hub into an indoor outlet. Make sure you choose an indoor location for your hub near the outside location of your timer and within range of Wi-Fi. Avoid areas where the signal must travel through more than one wall, dirt, or thick steel barriers.
- Set Up the Device New B-hyve User? After you create your account you should see this screen.
Already a B-hyve User? After you Login to your account:
Go to Settings
Click Add Device
- Select your Device, either Hub or Hose Faucet Timer and Hub
- Make sure your device is powered on to pair it.
- You should see a screen similar to this confirming your device (your MAC ID will differ).
- After verifying it is your device, you will be prompted with information about “Device Groups”Select “I understand” at the bottom of the page.
- Now we can connect to the internet. Choose your Wi-Fi network and enter the password
- Input the location of your Hub. Smart Watering uses your location (primarily your zip/postal code) to receive local weather information
(Note: you can tap Use Current Location, this will use your phone’s GPS to input an approximate address)
- Give your device a name. A photo is optional.
- Congratulations! Your hub is now connected and you can connect your B-Hyve Hose Faucet timer to your hub.