Standard Wi-Fi Setup - Android
- Make sure the timer is plugged in and powered on.
- Verify that the Wi-Fi connection signal in the top left corner of the timer’s display is not solid or blinking but emanating upward one line at a time.
- If you have not already, install the B-hyve App from the Google Play Store.
- Open the App, you will be prompted to either create a new account or login to your existing account, if this is your first time completing the Wi-Fi connection and setup you will need to create your account.
- Once you are logged into your account you should see a screen similar to the one below.
Click “OK” to proceed.
- You will be taken to the timer network connection screen, on this page you will select your timer’s network to connect your phone to temporarily.
Click “Connect to Timer Network”.
- The timer will look for available Wi-Fi networks to connect to and display the top ten results in order of signal strength. If you don’t see your network initially you can click on the “refresh” button to try again. If you still don’t see your network you may need to move your timer closer to your Wi-Fi router during initial setup.
If your network is not secured you can click “Connect to Network”.If your network is secured, you will be prompted to input the network password (security key).
Once your password is entered click “Connect to Network”.
*If your timer will use a Wi-Fi network that is not broadcasting its SSID (name) you will use the Advanced button to enter your network’s connection details.
While the timer is connecting to your wireless router you will see the connecting screen.
- Once you have connected to your Wi-Fi network you will see the Zip Code screen which is the first step in setting up your timer’s zones and programming.
Congratulations! You have successfully connected your timer to the internet.
Known Wi-Fi Connection Issues
Phone Won’t Stay Connected To Timer
There’s a setting in your phone’s Wi-Fi settings that when set will force the phone to revert back to cellular data if an internet connection can’t be established via Wi-Fi. Since the timer will not be able to connect to the internet while in pairing mode this setting will force the phone to lose connection with the timer.
To resolve this, go to your phone’s Wi-Fi setting screen then to the Advanced settings, usually found in a three dot menu near the top right of this screen. Find the setting called “Switch to mobile data” or “Auto switch” or something similar and uncheck the checkbox if it is checked.